First some explanation: my Twitter name is @right_n0w. When I created the account I had use the dreaded underscore and zero as the O because apparently in the Twitter world, having right now as a name is a popular concept, as in this is what is important right now. And hey, that's what I was going for as well, except that I wanted to mostly tweet things that were inspiring me right now. Things that could maybe inspire other people. It also became a Pinterest board of the same name. This is a great place for me to grab inspiration to save for later. I also use my Evernote app for that because I feel like I'm constantly inspired by blogs and pins and in this fast moving world they can disappear before I really have a chance to dig in and explore the ideas further. So I dedicate this post to all the things that have been Inspiring Me Right Nowthis week:
1) Sketch Journaling: Totally inspired by this blog, Open Notebook. (And if right on cue their most recent entries look like other things that have inspired me lately, but really I was inspired by this type entry. So inspired that I started my own sketch journal to capture all these things I'm inspired by right now! See below.)
2) Grid Paper: Saw some really cool logo concepts on Behance that started on grid paper and I thought that was really smart.
3) Polygons: I see this shape everywhere. From ice trays, to logos, to commercials on TV.
4) Ballet posture: Got some inspiration from this blog by Zsa Zsa Bellagio, and also from my life as I've always wanted really nice posture and I think it's so beautiful.
5) Water color: Loved this for a while and really want to take lessons. This blog, Pink Shirts and Car Wrecks, has some fun inspirational use of watercolor + shape + patterns + lettering.
6) Fake Calligraphy: Learned a quickie how-to on Jones Design Company's blog.
7) Love: Sketching and being creative is something I really love so doing this little project and showing what is inspiring me Right Now was a fun labor love. And I got to bust out a little used sketch journal that I got in an art store in Italy that has been waiting to be made messy and properly shown some love.
Here are my journal pages:
Bonus: This project on Behance incorporates a lot of the themes inspiring me this week: Water Color + Fake Calligraphy and also looks a lot like the stationary from Open Notebook.